Salon De Vallon is a beautiful salon! It's transformational just to enter the serene, lovely environment. The owner, Sarah, is a class act and provides exemplary customer support!
They try, they really try.
The place is beautifully decorated with someone truly talented in interior decorating. The staff is very accommodating and really bends over backwards trying to please.
Unfortunately, the love affair ends there. The owner, who gave me highlights, is a sweet lady who gets an A+ for effort and personality. However, her results were disappointing. She was not skilled in communication about highlights and only seemed to be able to use the words "scream" or "whisper" to describe what kind of highlights she could offer. I wanted a few lighter pieces for a sun-kissed type of look and walked out looking like my head had been dipped in a vat of bleach.
Maybe with more experience, her talent will grow. I hope so, because she tried so darned hard and genuinely seems to care. There is ample free parking, and again, the salon is beautifully decorated.
I am expecting in about six weeks, and I scheduled an appointment with Elizabeth for my final hair cut and style before baby arrives. Not only did she make me feel beautiful (which isn't always easy at 8 months preg-O), but she also gave me a style that was really easy to manage. In 15 minutes, I have a style and cut that are adorable, so I know I'll be able to keep it up.
I really appreciated Elizabeth's professionalism and willingness to listen to my needs, and I can't wait to return for a new style once the baby arrives.
5 Reasons Why This Place Rocks.
5. Beautiful salon. Hardwood floors, lighting, the works.
4. Hot women. I'm not exagerrating, but there were three or four stylists in there that I would seriously consider asking out for a date but I'm too shy.
3. Good prices. I've had three haircuts in the last six months and I wasn't happy with any. One stylist at another salon in downtown Des Moines called me a mean name for female dog (that's kinda of funny in hindsight but not good customer service) and this was by far the best and for a small premium.
2. They're experts. I said I wanted to take away the bulk on the sides and keep my hair looking thick up front (my hair is thinning) and I looked 5 years younger after it.
1. Did I mention, the good looking women? No, seriously, it's in a convenient location and I had i think kelly or lizzy, sorry I can't remember, show me what products work better with my hair type and even talked me down from the more expensive products. That's honesty.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!